Saturday, April 21, 2012

Hot and hotter

The day started warm and quickly became hot. By 4 pm it was 100. Needless to say, we are back home, inside and enjoying the air conditioner. Today we visited the Desert Caballeros Museum. Mr H and I really enjoy going there and brother liked it too.
I love this sculpture. The Cowgirl Up exhibit was wonderful.
I love that they have rooms set up and this one of the mother stitching......
A word from Madame Muriel....
This is where I am spending my time while the brother is visiting. Not a bad spot! I have the lovely angels to sit with and there is a large window....very nice. I will be back more often to post when the brother leaves. He is very nice. I interrupted his sun sitting today. I will try to get a picture. The other day, Gracie called Dear Ziz to see if she wanted more tomato's. We have more than we can eat. Of course when Gracie picks them, one in the bowl and one in her mouth....anyway, while they were chatting, the brother said he needed limes...for the Tequila. Now before we could go to the market to get some...of course, Dear Ziz, who overheard the brother in the back round,  attached a bag of 3 to the back gate. I knew she was a nice friend when she let me sit in the middle of her table. Well, Gracie has managed to get some stitching started ...so I will let her show you....
HAED Iris ~~ 28 ct white even weave~~DMC colors listed
This is about 84 stitches but since taking this picture, I have only 10 more to complete the first 100. Mr H said..."this will take a long time". He is so observant! Time to go and relax....I am glad you stopped by, I hope to get back to reading and commenting real soon.

8 comments:

Nic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nic said...

Woohoo - you've started your first HAED - did you decide to go with cross stitch or tent stitch?

Vickie said...

I love that mother and daughter in the museum. :)

Mouse said...

glad you are having a good time with the brother and Madame is enjoying herself too :)
well done on the haed start .. been working on mine today too :) love mouse xxxxx

dulcinella said...

I loved your post! Good luck on the HAED!

SoCal Debbie said...

Thank you for the close up pic of your gridding on the HAED. It inspires me to grid mine and try to make some progress!

Brigitte said...

Wow, I can't even imagine having these hot temperatures here. At the moment it feels more like winter and we still have nights with some frost.
Oh, your first HAED. Good luck with it. I still have to start my first one.

Julie said...

Enjoying reading your trips with your brother.
Nice start on Iris.