Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A ride from a stranger in a Porsche and Madame Muriel

A busy day yesterday....a doctor visit and then a stop for lunch a one of my favorite places...Cousin's in Phoenix. We do not get to this place often now, only when we are on the East side of the Valley. We have become a bit friendly with the owner and she laughed at my taking  pictures of Madame Muriel. Then I explained ....I think she thinks I am nuts. However, then we began chatting and there was a black Porsche Panorama next to our car. I asked if it was hers...no but it was the young man who was sitting with her. Mr H chatted with him about the car, then... this doctor said it was a gift to himself for turning 40. Then...then he offered to let Mr H drive it! A complete stranger! What to do?
You guessed it... Mr H took the keys and we three got in...me in the back seat and after a lesson to start this machine...Mr H got his ride!

Very nice indeed. He just happens to be friends with the sandwich shop owner and said a friend of hers is a friend of his.

On a stitch note...I know it does not look like much, but because it is for a December exchange I really can't show you more.... just know that I am keeping busy.



Now a word from Madame Muriel:
I must say that the temp went quickly from the 80's to 90's by the time my nap was over. Mr H had the air conditioner on so it was comfortable inside. I explored the back yard.....
What the ......!Little Miss Muffet Muriel sat on on an OUCH! Is this an Arizona tuffet?! I found out it is not for sitting on. It is a Golden Barrel Cactus!
Now this is more like it
Mr H took me in hand and off we went for a ride. Something about a doctor appointment.... for a minute I thought it was to check me out! But no, I am feeling fine after my flight and the trip through customs.
We stopped for lunch...Root beer soda and something called an Italian Special. 
The rest of the day was restful and quiet. Today there is work and tomatoes to pick......
Well, as you can see, we have been busy and had a few adventures.... hope you had a good day yesterday and a great one today....


8 comments:

Ruth said...

Sounds like Mr H and you enjoyed the ride in the porsche, way to go you. I'm intrigued by your December exchange piece. Happy stitching.

Lynda said...

What a great surprise ride for both of you. I love the Irises cross stitch design you will be making.

Anne said...

How fun to take a ride in a Porsche!!!

milly said...

Sounds like great fun! Madame Muriel looks like she is enjoying herself too.

Julie said...

Way to go Mr H.

Madame Muriel seems to have settled in just fine. :)

Annette-California said...

Don't you just love it when an unexpected random act of kindness crosses you path? I'm so happy Mr. H got to drive a Porsche! Lovely day you both had:)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

A Porsche? That's alot more exciting than the Ford Galaxy Madame Muriel got here!

Patty C. said...

Glad you had some fun ;)