Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Lost my stitching energy but Madame Muriel is here

I have looked everywhere.... in the craft closet, out on the lanai and the garage. I just can't find my stitching energy. I know it will be found, it always is, but for now, it is missing. So what have I been doing? Well, for starts, I began and thought I would finish a tote bag. Thought I had everything at the ready. I forgot to get the heavy duty Pellon. Everything is cut and prepared. Since I will be at work today I will get it so I can work on it tomorrow... day off. I have been in the mood to sew... by machine. This is the fabric for the bag...I love it!
 But I did get ready for another hand embroidered piece.... I have to blame Kaaren from The Painted Quilt for the wonderful projects she designs and offers. She is just so talented and generous to share.

The temp was 114 yesterday and promises to be a hot week. Poor Ms Zoe does not even want to go outside... but until she learns to use and flush the toilet, well, outside is where she will be sent. I think the arthritis pills are helping... very hard to tell. But she is getting a bit more forgetful. However, she is not forgetful when she smells food. Did I mention she gets her pills broken in pieces and wrapped in Prosciutto? To say she is a spoiled pooch... excuse me, "member of the family" as Mr H told me to refer to her... is a fact.

A word from Madame Muriel
Well, hello friends. As I mentioned in a previous post, this hot weather is getting to be a little too much for me. I am fine in the lovely air conditioned house and car, but I am just too hot to do or go anywhere. So, after a discussion with Ms Zoe, I am looking to travel again. I have enjoyed my time here. Seeing the cacti, sitting by the little pond watching the large fish eye me as they swim by, and chatting with the dolls in the sewing room. So, if you are interested in hosting me for a visit, I am taking requests, so please comment or email me and I will be getting ready for a departure by the end of the month. Let me know why I would like to visit with you.
Have you noticed? My blog seems to be back to normal... whatever that is. I had to change the way I connect. Now I am using Firefox and I deleted many pictures from Picasa. Lots were duplicates anyway. So for now, I seem to be able to function. I do hope you have a great day. Thanks for stopping by and for the kind words. I do enjoy hearing from you.

7 comments:

thegreytail said...

oh Gracie just wait a couple of days, not being robots (thank goodness) we do have to take breaks from things, even things we love..
I see your blog is back to normal, and your gootd taste in picking fabrics hasn't changed either! :D
I'd love to host the Madame for a while, show her around, .. it'd even better if we arranged things so I can take her to the Mostra del Cinema in Venezia later this summer, what do you say?! :D

Yana Hanim said...

the fabric is lovely, cant wait too see it made into a bag :)

pam said...

Hope you find my stitching energy when you find yours! Please keep me posted:)

Vickie said...

That fabric is great Gracie. Can you believe it is 101 degrees right now here in Wisconsin! Yucko!!

lynda said...

If Miss Muriel doesn't mind the rain we would love to have her visit us here in the Pacific Northwest!She may even get to go on a road trip up to Vancouver and Whistler while she's here. And it really might not rain too much...well, maybe...no promises there...:)

Mouse said...

wooo hooo on back to normal ... and its actually hot here at the mouse house today :)
looking forward to seeing your new bag :)
hope madame enjoys her travels .. love mouse xxxxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I hope Madame Muriel has enjoyed her stay and has filled her diary in with all her adventures!
I'm looking forward to seeing where she goes next.