Friday, July 14, 2017

Ready for more Monsoon

The rain we had Wednesday evening did not amount to much but they say more "storms" for the weekend, so here is my boat so I can float! Okay, so it is only paper origami....it is always the thought that counts. My thought this morning is to thank Keith for sorting out my computer issue yesterday...good neighbor and friend are they; Keith and Al. I tatted on 3 of the 5 Denny's Angels yesterday but they will all need their halos before picture time. I also cleaned another of the cupboards in the garage....I own 7 fry pans...that is right and they are all different sizes. I also found a set of sauce pans (not needed) and the Waffle Iron and a Cool Daddy (also not needed)...guess there will be a Fall Garage Sale. I still have the upper cupboards but this is getting done slowly. A conversation with sis Lynowl earlier this week and she asked me what she could send me...I asked for and got my favorite Rhode Island biscuits..

Palmieri Bakery Pepper sticks....not one bag but 4! I will tell you that I can eat one bag a day easily...but I am behaving. They are not available out here in Arizona. I wish I had the recipe for these....wonder if they would share it? Be right back....
I had put a small wash in and it was ready to leave the washing machine..in this heat you can not leave clothes in the washer too long. The garage is not air conditioned.  Anyway., on to the Word for today is Caring
It can mean to feel love, feel concern and protection. I certainly felt al these with Denny. I miss his smile that said I love you....his holding my hand which gave me protection and his worrying about me.
He loved to plant roses. Back in RI we had several lovely bushes in our garden, out here he had little to no luck. His favorite was the Lincoln Rose....When we sorted through looking for embellishments he asked that I include this someplace...my tatted rose. I told him maybe  I should make many to hang in the garden...he rolled his eyes....but it is here. A rose for my Denny.
It is very cloudy out today, I think maybe I should make a fleet of sail boats! Glad to chat with you and thank you so much for the kind words and for your Caring thoughts for me. Thank you most of all for your friendship. Let's have a good day.

12 comments:

Karyn said...

I love your tatted rose, Gracie, you are so multi talented, and it's so tiny that I can't imagine how you ever did it...beautiful, and perfect for today's banner word...We need more caring in the world.
Try to stay dry and cool...I love your boat
Have a good day ♥️

Sheryl S. said...

Gorgeous little rose for your word for today.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That little rose is just wonderful, a beautiful embellishment for the Caring word. We do all care about you Gracie as do your family and neighbours.

Chookyblue...... said...

Hang in there with the heat......

Vickie said...

I can see why Dennis wanted you to include that tiny rose. It is beautiful. Well done Gracie. I had a Lincoln rose at our last home. Gorgeous. Cute sail boat!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I love roses Grace and your little rose is just perfection in every way.

Rose Marie Della Ventura said...

Love your little rose. You are so talented. How many people does your boat hold? Is there room for the fish?? Lol

LindaLee said...

Hello Gracie,
I'm LindaLee from North Carolina. We've been here for 12 years now, but I was born and raised in NH. I am your newest follower!
I've looked at so many of your past posts and you're such a talented lady. You have certainly inspired me, and I look forward to your next post.
You stay inside in the heat you're getting. Drink plenty and don't overdo. We're having an awful heat wave here as well and I'm so looking forward to any cooler front headed our way.
So glad I ran into your blog. Mine is over at http://lovenmystitches.blogspot.com/ and I would love to get to know you.

butterfly said...


Love the sweet rose, hugs.

Kris said...

Each day you cherish the caring. It is evident in your words and actions as you step into the challenges of doing those things Dennis did. Every hour, another step, but never alone....caring about each memory. 💖🦋🌈

Leonore Winterer said...

That word is lovely, as is the rose and the stories that go with it. Good job getting another cupboard tidied up! I think you really will need that garage sale...and maybe you can invest the earnings in some more crafting stuff?

Brigitte said...

Cleaning out cupboards is something I love doing. There is always so many things that accumulate although they are not needed any longer. So why not get rid of them. I always feel lighter afterwards.
A wonderful combination, the word Caring and the rose.
Enjoy your Pepper Sticks.